What I bought (and am loving!) from WalMart



                    Every now and again I get on a "Walmart kick" and just walk around the store                           (specifically the home goods + garden center areas). I find that at least a couple times a year Walmart will have a good selection of on trend, great value items and even some staples. I especially love their garden center this time of year. I find their outdoor products to be well made and significantly cheaper than comparable stores like Target. Obviously, Walmart tends to get a bad reputation for not being as trendy or visually stimulating as Target, but since I cant walk around and drink a Starbucks iced Caramel Macchiato at Target right now (thanks Covid) I've been spending a little more time in Walmart and have found some really great things.



 

Best. Towels. EVER
Go buy these bath towels right now. I cannot recommend these enough. (they have almost 4,000 5 star reviews!) 
When Alex Michael and I first bought Grace Hall we were livin la vida broka. He was very much still in school and I was working with a tight budget. So, while he was in flight school one day I rode to the Walmart near his training airport to see what their selection of towels looked like. I immediately found these (except blue) and was impressed. Thick. Soft. Quick drying. 
$3.97 per towel (WHAT?)     
While holding the towel a very sweet lady walked up to me and said she had purchased the towels a couple years prior and she no longer used anything else. I immediately bought 3 sets. We have used them for the last 3 years and they have done          phenomenal (not to mention that price tag is a no brainer)                                                                                   Recently  I grew tired of the blue and bought new sets in white from the same line. 
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Performance-Textured-Bath-Towel-54-x-30-Blue-Linen/572421117?selected=true




                 Landscape lighting, minus the wiring.                   My dear sweet husband has wanted landscape lighting for out house since we darkened the doorstep. Well, he had zero interest in attempting the wiring so we settled with some decent solar lights (the brightest we could find) and have dealt with them for the past few years. Last week we came across these solar lights and OMG, they are the BOMB. They are insanely bright and very heavy duty. The price tag seems hefty for solar lights ($25 a piece) but they seem to be very well made. They are metal instead of plastic + they are from the Better Homes & Gardens line (they never let me down)                                                                                  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Homes-Gardens-120-Lumen-Solar-Powered-LED-Landscape-Spotlight-with-Color-Lock-Black/425365352


                                                            Rattan Mules Forever
If you were to actually see me out on a regular basis I probably have on my rattan mules that I bought at TJ Maxx last year, I literally wear them almost everyday. Unfortunately my beloved shoes are on their last leg and I was so sad that I was going to have to throw them out soon. But, while on one of my strolls through Walmart I found these. Rattan, memory foam insoles AND they are about 5x the quality of the ones I bought at TJ!  (not to mention these were on sale for $9) I love them, so comfortable and true to size. Highly HIGHLY recommend.                                                                                                               https://www.walmart.com/ip/Time-and-Tru-Women-s-Woven-Mules-Medium-and-Wide-Widths/968798684


The $39 5ft Topiary

Last but certainly not least, my pride and joy. The Walmart topiary. I had seen a fellow blogger post about Walmart having these, I just could not believe how big and beautiful they were when I saw them in person! I originally had faux topiaries on our front porch but these are just such a statement piece, I had to have them! Apparently these will bloom at some point this summer and I'm so looking forward to that! 
P.S -if you don't have room for these large ones, I saw at the entrance that they have very small ones that would be gorgeous grouped on a outdoor table! 

Comments

Popular Posts